Monday, November 30, 2015

The Homecoming Dance

The Metropolitan High School's big festivity brought a lot of criticisms about the decision of the new Homecoming King and Queen's made by the students at the party. Most of the Students said that the party was " litt" because of the great time they had. Two of the candidates for queen  Michelle Burgos ('16) and Sheila Castro ('16) felt " Ok " about the new decision to give the crown to the new queen Joslaine Villavizar ('17).
The candidates for king were Pedro Portoreal ('16) and Derek Valle ('17) which felt " AWESOME" for having Derrick Mensah ('17) as the new king of the party.
However, Jessica Summers made one big mistake deciding which one of the candidates  Derrick or Derek was the king. She said " Derek Valle," who is known as "White Derek" among students, was the new homecoming king.
Valle said “I was so hype until she said it was a mistake”.
After choosing the queen and king a lot of students said “Derek Valle” instead of "White Derek" could have sounded better because it sounded very racist.
Derrick Mensah said the party was great and picking me as King was a great idea, I liked to dance with the queen”.
Joslaine said “The party was great. It was successful and super fun I had a blast and I was thrilled knowing that I won it was my first time running for something like homecoming queen I did not think I would win but I was super happy”
The Seniors had a really good time in their last year of being involved in High School, a lot of the volunteers that the new decision of the New Homecoming king and Queen could it be better.
Daisy Balbuena ('16) and Fatou Tall ('16) shared the same idea, she both  said “it could it be better if the party would it be longer”
Haley Roman ('16) said “I would it have preferred to have Michelle As the Queen and Pedro as the King. but it was lit anyways”
Jeremmy Santos said” it was very fun, most of the people joined the party a lot and I did too”.   

                         

No comments:

Post a Comment